Just in time for back to school, I’m offering 25% off my collections of writing prompts for teens or adults in English/composition classes.
- Context that tells students why the prompt is relevant.
- Directions for pre-writing preparation.
- The actual writing assignment.
All the prompts are ready-to-go. Just fill in the due date and the writing prompt is ready for students’ use.
Twenty of the 35 writing prompts are for not-yet-competent writers, who are referred to as noncoms. (Isn’t that a much nicer term than the labels sometimes given that group?)
As the marketers say, results may vary, but in my experience, 21 weeks of responding to one formal prompt a week supplemented by daily informal writing got three-quarters of noncoms writing competently.
Each collection includes resources for you in addition to the writing lessons for students. Here’s what you get in either collection:
- An E-book that puts all the student and teacher materials in one place.
- The PPC Handbook to answer your questions about using the materials.
- All the prompts in the collection in both .pdf and .docx versions, each saying you have permission to use them with your students your entire teaching career.
- A rubric for easy, helpful assessments.
If you already know you have to have these prompts, visit my e-junkie shop where you can get either or both collections at the 25% off discount.
The sale ends at midnight Friday, Aug. 16, 2019.